Complete HL brand Hakama Kimono Set – available in your size!
This HL (アッシュ エル / Henri-Luc Chapuis) brand set includes a complete hakama kimono set with 4 pieces:
- Kimono with a beautiful flower pattern, available in 8 different colored patterns.
- Hakama skirt, with or without an embroidered pattern. Available in 4 sizes and 10 colors.
- Hakama shitaobi (袴下帯), an obi to use under your hakama skirt.
- A date collar / dateeri (伊達衿), which is selected to fit the color of your kimono and obi
For more information of the pieces of the set, please scroll further down.
As an additional option, you can get our hakama kitsuke set, which enables you to wear your hakama-kimono combo as soon as it arrives at your home!
- Nagajuban (専用長襦袢) long-sleeved underdress
- 7 piece kitsuke set (着付けセット)
- White slip (スリップ) undergarment
- White tabi socks (白足袋)
For more details of the kitsuke set, please scroll further down.
HL brand flower pattern kimono
The HL brand kimono sports a beautiful floral pattern and is perfect to be combined with a one-color hakama skirt. You can chose from 8 different color patterns. The kimono itself is easy to handle and made of washable material. The kimono is a one-size-fits-all kimono. When worn with boots, these kimono can be worn by people as tall as 175cm (5’7″).
|身丈 – length of kimono||165cm / 5’5″|
|袖丈 – length of the sleeves||76cm / 2’5″|
|裄丈 – distance from seam in the back to end of sleeve||68cm / 2’3″|
Hakama skirts are one of the most iconic pieces of Japanese clothing. You can choose yours to have beautiful embroidery added for a small fee. They are easy to wear and your have the choice between 4 different sizes and 10 colors (including embroided options).
|Suitable person size||145-153cm
4’75” – 5’0″
5’0″ – 5’3″
5’3″ – 5’6″
5’5″ – 5’7″
Reversible Hakama Shitaobi
The hakama shitaobi belt is reversible and comes with a color on each side. The hakama shitaobi is worn between the kimono and the hakama skirt. As usually only one half of the shitaobi sticks out under the hakama, you will get 2 different obi colors. We will select a suitable obi color for your kimono and hakama.
The dateeri collar can be attached to the kimono around the neck to give the impression of multiple layers under the kimono. This is seen as very elegant.
The Hakama Kitsuke Set
This kitsuke set is essential if you want to wear a hakama kimono combination. If you are an experienced kimono wearer, you will surely have all these accessories already, but for a beginner, these are basic essentials to wear a kimono correctly.
The nagajuban basically keeps your skin separate from the kimono and therefore reduces your need to clean your kimono. As oftentimes, cleaning a kimono can be complicated and expensive, it is a good idea to keep them as clean as possible. The nagajuban helps with this.
The kitsuke set consists of 6 types of equipment:
- Datejime (伊達締め) belt to protect the fabric of the kimono (use example)
- Kitsuke belt (着付けベルト) with clips on both sides for a perfect fit. (use example)
- Koshihimo (腰紐) cords to tie around your waist under the obi (use example)
- “Magic belt” (マジックベルト) to keep your kimono in place
- Erishin collar (衿芯) which can be worn instead of a nagajuban during hot weather
- Maeita (前板) front plate to stabilize your obi
About the HL アッシュ エル brand
The brand “HL” or アッシュ エル is the kimono brand of the famous designer Henri-Luc Chapuis. HL has become a well known kimono designer brand over the last years. With their 2016 collection they have had their breakthrough in the kimono world with their delicate and high quality designs.
HL kimono sets and designs are known to work around a single colour family and use a lot of muted colors. Accessories are used to create contrasts in the complete set. Henri-Luc Chapuis aims of in theory youthful designs, which are not overly exuberant or flamboyant. They hold a certain dignity while still being trendy and modern. The patterns and motifs used by HL are generally traditional.
HL has become one of the most popular kimono brands for graduation ceremonies and continues to grow in popularity.