Love Japan is a magazine created by fans, for fans. We have a core team in charge of editing and design, along with a whole host of contributors from the USA, Japan and UK. We all share a passion for Japanese culture, and our aim is to bring you a beautifully designed online magazine, once every quarter, with the first issue due for release in Spring 2015.
We want to fill the gap in the market for people who love the aesthetics of Independent British magazines, but want to immerse themselves in all things Japanese. It’s a fusion of East meets West. We’re not only going to be cramming Love Japan full of of fun and interesting Japanese related topics, but we will also be satisfying your need for eye candy.
From travel, food, fashion, and illustration, to interviews, events, music and pop culture, we’ll have it covered.
They actually announced to release their first issue in February 2015, but seems like they had to reschedule to a rough “Spring 2015”. No specific reason was given, although I can imagine that there are many things that could go wrong or just get in between releasing a magazine when you do it the first time.
Like with the Be Part of Kimonogeisha.com program, they also offer you to be part of their magazine with your submissions:
We currently need the following:
- Illustrators/Artists/Designers who are either Japanese or have a Japanese theme to their work
- Writers who would like to share an article they’ve written (this can be anything related to Japan, we’re open to all ideas so run it past us)
- Small businesses who have a Japanese theme, this could for example be a cafe, a restaurant, an online store or a shop, selling Japanese or Japanese inspired clothing, jewellery, food, sweets, merchandise etc.
- People who have lived/worked/travelled in Japan, or currently live/work/travel in Japan and would like to share their experiences.
- Photographers who have a Japanese theme to their work for examples, Japanese band, landscape or fashion photography.
You can find more about submitting your content to the magazine here.